Sweet potato pasties
200g shortcrust pastry
2 small/medium size sweet potatoes
100g French beans or peas (frozen or fresh)
Various spices (see below)
1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6 / 200 °C.
2. Cut up the sweet potatoes into chunks and boil for around 15 minutes until fairly soft.
3. Dice them.
4. While they are cooking, make the pastry.
5. Chop and fry the onion and add 1/2 tsp ginger; 1/2 tsp chilli; 1/4 tsp turmeric; 1/2 tsp ground cumin; 1 tsp coriander; 1/4 tsp mustard powder, salt and pepper.
6. Add the diced sweet potato, beans/peas and 2 tbsp water.
7. Cook gently for 4-5 minutes.
8. Allow to cool.
9. Roll the pastry into 4 circles.
10. Place filling into center of pastry and fold into a pasty.
11. Brush with soya milk and make a small vent in each one.
12. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
October 31, 2011 03:50
No one has liked this recipe.