Tomato and bacon breakfast casserole
4 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
kosher salt and black pepper
4 ounces sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
1/2 loaf country bread, torn into 1-inch pieces (4 cups)
1/2 pound crumbled cooked bacon
1 small onion, chopped
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
Note: Omit bacon and add broccoli for a veggie version!
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 70 min
1. Heat oven to 375° F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
3. Add the Cheddar, bread, bacon, and onion. Toss to combine.
4. Pour the mixture into an 8x8 baking dish; top with the tomatoes.
5. Cover with foil and bake until warmed through, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove the foil and cook until the top is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes more. Sprinkle with the parsley.
6. (Adapted from the Real Simple recipe, linked below)