Tomato bacon savouries
2 hard boiled eggs
250g packet processed cheddar cheese
1 small onion (optional)
1 large tomato, chopped - the riper the better
6 chopped rashers of bacon
1 tablespoon of parsley
14 slices wholemeal bread
Prep. Time → 30 min
Cook Time → 20 min
1. Mash eggs in bowl
2. Add grated cheese, onion, tomato, bacon, parsley, pepper.
3. Remove crusts from bread, spread slices with butter and cut into quarters.
4. Press bread into patty pans, butter side down.
5. Spoon 1 tablespoon egg mixture into each bread case.
6. Cook in moderate oven (190 degrees) for about 20 mins. Serve immediately
7. HINT: Can be made a day ahead. Keep covered in the fridge. They go a bit chewier like this. When fresh they are crunchy and crisp.
Author Northern Downs News