Vegetarian tom yum soup
4 cups H20
3 cups Vegetable Broth
8 oz superfirm Tofu - cubed
1 can Coconut Milk
1 clove Garlic - minced
6 tbsp (1/2 jar) Tom Yum Paste
1/2 cup frozen Peas
2 medium Carrots - sliced
2 tbsp Fish Sauce or Golden Mountain Sauce
3-4 sprigs Cilantro - chopped
3-5 red Thai Chilies - seeded & minced
1 1/2 cups Brussels Sprout or bok choy - shredded fine
8 oz Vietnamese Vermicelli Noodles - cooked & cold-rinsed OR 2 cups steamed rice
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 30 min
1. Combine H2O, broth, carrot, garlic, tofu, peas, fish (GM) sauce, tom yum paste, soy sauce, chilies, and cilantro in large pot. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add shredded brussels sprouts (or bok choy), mix well, and bring back to a boil.
3. Add coconut milk and noodles (or rice) then mix well. Remove heat source, and let sit for at least 15 minutes.
4. Add Golden Mountain sauce to taste.
5. Bring back up to temp and serve. Garnish with scallion.
Author Original recipe developed from hybridizing multiple sources.
No one has liked this recipe.