Vietnamese fresh spring rolls
2 ouncesrice vermicelli
8rice wrappers (8.5 inch diameter)
8 largecooked shrimp - peeled, deveined and cut in half
1 1/3 tablespoonschopped fresh Thai basil
3 tablespoonschopped fresh mint leaves
3 tablespoonschopped fresh cilantro
2 leaveslettuce, chopped
4 teaspoonsfish sauce
2 tablespoonsfresh lime juice
1 clovegarlic, minced
2 tablespoonswhite sugar
1/2 teaspoongarlic chili sauce
3 tablespoonshoisin sauce
1 teaspoonfinely chopped peanuts
Prep. Time → 45min min
Cook Time → 5min min
1. 1.Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Boil rice vermicelli 3 to 5 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.
2. 2.Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place 2 shrimp halves, a handful of vermicelli, basil, mint, cilantro and lettuce, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
3. 3.In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and chili sauce.
4. 4.In another small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce and peanuts.
5. 5.Serve rolled spring rolls with the fish sauce and hoisin sauce mixtures.
side dishes May 15, 2013 01:44