White fish en papillote
1 yellow squash
2 fillets of haddock, cod, Pollack or any mild white fish
2 tablespoons butter
1 bunch of fresh dill
1/2 cup freekeh
2 pieces of parchment paper
Prep. Time → 20 min
Cook Time → 10 min
1. Prepare ingredients: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat a small pot of salted water to boiling on high. Take the butter out of the refrigerator to soften. medium dice the yellow squash. Roughly chop the dill. With a paring knife or peeler, remove the peel of the lemon. Finely chop the peel to make about 2 teaspoons of zest (or use a citrus grater).
2. Cook the freekeh: When the water comes to a boil, add the freekeh. Cook 18 to 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain thoroughly.
3. Make the lemon-herb butter: In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon zest, a pinch of salt, and all but a pinch of the dill. (Reserve some dill for garish.) Stir to blend.
4. Cut out the parchment: Fold both sheets of parchment paper in half horizontally. With the two sheets on top of each other, trace a half oval, ensuring the wide part of the oval begins at the fold. Then cut along the traced line to make two oval-shaped sheets.
5. Fill and seal the packets: Placed the parchment ovals on a work surface. Divide the cooked freekeh on each parchment oval, placing it on just one half of the paper. Top the freekeh with squash and a fish fillet. Season both with salt and pepper. Divide the lemon-herb butter between each fish fillet. Fold the other half of the parchment over the filling, then crimp the edges to completely seal the packets by making overlapping folds around the edges.
6. Roast the packets: Gently transfer the sealed packets to a baking sheet. Roast in the oven 10 to 12 minutes, or until the packets are browned and puffed up. Carefully open the packets before serving. Squeeze some lemon juice over the fish and garnish with the remaining dill.
Author Blue Apron
No one has liked this recipe.