Wild mushroom risotto
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/4 cup finely chopped fresh wild mushrooms of your choice
1 cup Arborio rice, rinsed and drained
2 cups warm vegetable broth
3 tablespoons vegan butter
2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs of your choice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms release their liquid.
2. Add rice and cook, stirring, until rice smells lightly toasted.
3. Stir in 1/4 cup broth, cover pan, and let cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Gradually add broth, 1/4 to 1/3 cup at a time, stirring and covering each time, as rice absorbs the broth.
5. Risotto is done when rice is tender and the mixture is thick.
6. Stir in butter and fresh herbs, stirring until butter is melted and incorporated into the risotto.
7. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
No one has liked this recipe.