Yummy chocolate muffins
Simple but very tasty!!
150g butter or margarine
125g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
300g self raising flour
150ml full fat milk (NOT SKIMMED OR SEMI SKIMMED!! I don't care what your mum, brother or auntie says, it will go horribly wrong! I know from experience!
25g cocoa powder
75g white, milk or dark chocolate chunks
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 25 min
1. Preheat oven to 170'C/375'F, gas mark 5
2. Grease your muffin tray with butter and a little bit of flour in each hole.
Alternatively, line up 12 muffin cases on a tray
3. Put the butter and the sugar in a bowl, and cream with wooden spoon until thick
4. Beat the eggs in a seperate bowl. Once the eggs are beaten, pour SOME of the egg in the mixture and beat.
5. IT IS V.IMPORTANT YOU DON'T POUR EGGS IN ALL IN ONCE OTHERWISE IT WILL CURDLE BADLY!!
6. You'll notice that the mixture curdles a little bit, keep beating until it restores its thickness. THEN pour some more egg in and repeat this procedure until all the egg is finished
7. If it continues to curdle, then don't worry because your going to put your flour in soon which will stop the curdling
8. Pour in the milk and mix in
9. Mix in the cocoa powder.
10. Once that is mixed in, SIFT the flour in the mixture (otherwise you'll get ugly lumpy muffins) and FOLD in. Again, it is very important you fold in the mixture or it will go hard when it's ready to get out of the oven.
11. Mix in the chocolate chunks
12. Spoon in the mixture in greased tin/muffin cases, and stick in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes. To check if it's ready, stick a knife into one of the muffins. If it feels 'liquidy', leave it in for another 5 or so minutes. If it feels soft and solid it is ready.
13. Enjoy :D
desserts November 20, 2011 14:45
No one has liked this recipe.