Chow mein (easy in slow cooker)
1 kg beef mince
2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
1 heaped teaspoon minced garlic
1 heaped teaspoon minced ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
350g slaw mix
1/2 cup sliced spring onions
2 x 70g packets instant 2 minute noodles
T. Preparacion → 10 min
T. Cocinado → 270 min
1. Combine the mince, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame oil in the slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours, stirring occasionally to break up any lumps.
Add the slaw mix, spring onions and 1 of the flavour sachets from the instant noodle packets. Cover and cook on LOW for a further 30 minutes.
3. Towards the end of this time cook the instant noodles as per instructions (but only use the one remaining seasoning packet with the two noodle blocks). When cooked drain the seasoned cooking water and add just the cooked noodles to the slow cooker. After 5 minutes, transfer to serving bowls. [NOTE: I didn't cook the noodles because I wanted to keep the carbs a bit low so I just cooked up some brown rice instead.]
4. Meanwhile, scramble the eggs in a saucepan or frying pan. Alternatively, a fast way to do this is to whisk the eggs and microwave for 3-4 minutes in a large flat bowl until set. Carefully slice or cut up scrambed eggs. Top each serve of chow mein with a few egg strips. [NOTE: I was super lazy and just whisked the eggs and poured them into the bottom of the slow cooker until they were mostly cooked. Then I stirred them through.]
5. NOTE: Garnish with extra sliced spring onion if you like. This recipe would work equally as well with other types of minced meat.
Autor Slow Cooker Central : Kids by Paulene Christie ISBN 9780733339226 p. 198
A nadie le ha gustado esta receta.