Eggplant and cramelized onion farro salad
1 eggplant, cubed
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 tsp sugar
1 cup pearled farro
60 g spinach or arugula
90 g (1 cup) red grapes, halved
100 g feta cheese
salt and pepper
For the dressing
30 g walnuts
1/3 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tsp honey
1 tsp. dijon mustard
T. Cocinado → 45 min
1. Preheat oven to 220 C. Place eggplant on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until tender and browned, 20-25 minutes.
2. Caramelize onion in a pan with 2 tsp of sugar on low heat until soft and sticky (about 30 min).
3. Bring 3 cups salted water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the farro, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the farro is tender, 20-25 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add the spinach and toss to combine. The heat of the farro should wilt the spinach.
4. Once the eggplant and onions are cooked, add them to the farro/spinach mixture along with the grapes and feta cheese. Stir to combine.
5. Place walnuts in a small saucepan over medium heat and toast until they smell super toasty and begin to turn golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Chop toasted walnuts into small pieces and place in a blender. Add oil, vinegar, honey and mustard. Blend until smooth. If you're blender, like mine, is not very powerful, you might have a few bits of walnut remaining which is fine. Add salt, to taste.
6. Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat. Serve warm or cold.
Autor Whole bite blog
A nadie le ha gustado esta receta.