Lemongrass chicken with toasted coconut
1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2cm piece ginger, finely grated
2 red birdseye chillies, seeded, finely chopped
1 tbs lime juice
1 tbs finely grated palm sugar
1 tbs fish sauce
1/2 cup (35g) shredded coconut
2 tsp sesame oil
3 (about 700g) chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
1 brown onion, cut into wedges
1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
1 carrot, cut into ribbons
1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into ribbons
1 cup (55g) bean sprouts
1 bunch mint, leaves picked
1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
1 kaffir lime leaf, extra, finely shredded
T. Preparacion → 15 min
T. Cocinado → 10 min
1. Place the lemongrass, lime leaves, garlic, ginger, chilli, lime juice, sugar and fish sauce in a mortar and gently pound with a pestle until a coarse paste forms.
2. Heat a wok over medium heat. Add the coconut and cook, tossing, for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add the oil to the wok over high heat. Add one-third of the chicken and onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat in 2 more batches with remaining chicken and onion.
4. Add the lemongrass paste to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the chicken, onion and coconut cream and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
5. Combine the carrot, cucumber, bean sprouts, mint, coriander and lime leaf in a large bowl. Arrange on a serving plate. Top with chicken and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serve immediately.
Autor Notebook magazine - September 2009
A nadie le ha gustado esta receta.