Sticky date pudding with toffee sauce
250g pitted dates
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
300g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
150g unsalted butter (softened)
3 large eggs
200g unsalted butter
250g light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
T. Preparacion → 30 min
T. Cocinado → 45 min
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Butter and flour a 20cm square baking tin.
2. Place water and dates into a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 5 mins.
3. Remove pan from heat and stir in the baking soda (mixture will foam). Leave 20 mins to cool.
4. Meanwhile, into a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, ginger and salt.
5. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
6. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition to combine.
7. Add the flour mix in three batches, beating well to just combine ingredients.
8. Add the date mixture and with a wooden spoon stir batter until combined. Pour into baking tin.
9. Place the baking tin into a larger baking tin and half fill the larger tin with boiling water.
10. Place into the middle of the oven and bake for approx 35-40 minutes.
11. SAUCE: In a saucepan melt the butter over medium heat and add the sugar. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in the cream and vanilla and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly (approx 5 mins) and stir occasionally. Cool the sauce slightly.
12. Serve warm pudding in squares with sauce spooned on top and a dollop of cream on the side.
Autor Catering staff at Ag College, Dalby
A nadie le ha gustado esta receta.