7 layer salad
1 head lettuce
1 green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 10-oz package frozen peas, defrosted
2 cups mayo
2 T sugar
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Turkey or veggie bacon
1. In large clear bowl, trifle bowl or 9 x 13 dish, place lettuce first, then a layer of green pepper, then onion followed by a layers of celery and peas.
2. Combine mayo and sugar, spread over vegetables.
3. Top with cheese, then bacon.
4. Cover with plastic wrap or foil.
5. Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.
side dish December 26, 2011 01:17
Author adaptation of Janet Geissler's / Lansing State Journal
No one has liked this recipe.