A tropical paleo cake
For the Batter
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup fresh coconut milk
¼ cup maple syrup
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup Coco Treasure Organics Extra Virgin Coconut Oil melted
¾ cup Coco Treasure Organics Coconut Flour
2 tablespoons coconut flakes
2 egg whites
3 whole eggs
For the Icing
¼ cup diced pineapple
¼ cup arrowroot powder
2 tablespoons Coco Treasure Organics Coconut Sugar
2 cups coconut cream
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 30 min
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, egg whites, whole eggs, and vanilla.
4. Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ones. After which, add the coconut flakes.
5. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. It is ideal to grease it with coconut oil before pouring the batter. That way, the cake won’t stick to the pan.
6. Then, bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until it becomes slightly brown or when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Set aside.
7. While waiting for the cake, prepare the icing. In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut sugar, arrowroot powder, and the coconut cream. You can do it by hand or using an electric mixer. Put the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes to thicken.
8. Once the cake is baked and the icing is ready, ice the cake with the icing. Finally, top with the coconut flakes and diced pineapple.
10. Recipe Notes: We suggest you pair a slice of this Tropical Paleo Cake with a cup of coffee, tea, or our very own Coconut Banana Smoothie for your ultimate tropical escapade. Rest assured whichever way you try this, you will enjoy every bite.
No one has liked this recipe.