Bacon and mushroom potato rosti bake
1 medium onion diced
1tsp chilli paste
2 garlic cloves crushed
6 rashers smoked bacon cut
400g mixed mushroom (any of your choice) sliced
1 yellow pepper chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2tbsp tomato puree
1 large parsnip peeled & grated
2 jacket potatoes (microwave for 8 mins then grate)
1 large carrot peeled & grated
Knob of butter melted
2tbsp corriander pesto
100g cheese grated
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 30 min
1. Pre heat oven to 200 degrees/Gas mark 6. Heat oil in pan. Add onion, garlic and chilli to soften. Add bacon, mushrooms and peppers and fry for 5mins.
2. When mushrooms have shrunk, add tin toms and season. Allow to bubble for 10mins to thicken while you prepare the rosti topping.
3. Mix grated parsnip, carrot and potato in bowl with a FORK. Add melted butter and fork through, then add pesto and again mix gently so it doesn't clump together.
4. Transfer tomato filling into oven proof deep dish and top with rosti mixture. Spread evenly and put into oven for 20 mins. After 20mins take out and top with grated cheese and put back in oven for 10 mins to melt cheese and golden.
5. Serve with mixed salad leaves
main courses November 08, 2011 10:48