Baked rigatoni pasta
FOR THE SAUCE
2 tsp olive oil
1 lb ground beef (extra-lean)
1 lb mild italian sausage
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced (I use more of course)
24 oz jar marinara sauce (homemade is best)
8 oz can tomato sauce
big handful of spinach
16 oz rigatoni pasta, cooked al dente
2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded (use fresh, as the preshredded bags have too much flour etc on them)
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
2. Cook the pasta according to directions for al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large pan over med high heat. Add ground beef and sausage and cook for 5 mins breaking it up. Add onion and cook for an additional 5 mins or until meat is browned and cooked through and onion is softened.
4. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the marinara sauce, tomato sauce and spinach and bring to a simmer.
5. Let the sauce simmer for 10 mins.
6. Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce. Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared pan and top with the mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake covered for 20 mins, then uncover and bake for another 20 mins or until pasta is bubbly and cheese is melted and browned.
8. Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand for 5 mins, then serve.
main courses November 24, 2020 03:07