Basic pizza dough
3 3/4 Cups flour, plus more for dusting
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 (1/4-ounce packet) active dry yeast
3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
Prep. Time → 90 min
1. Whisk the flour and salt in a large bowl.
2. Make a well in the bowl and add 1 1/3 cups warm water, the sugar and the yeast.
3. When foamy, mix in the olive oil.
4. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes or more.
5. Brush with olive oil, cover the bowl and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
6. Divide into two 1-pound balls.
7. Roll out thin as 2 large pizzas (about 15") and top as desired, or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze up to 1 month.