Beetroot risotto with goat's cheese
1 L vegetable stock
250 g raw beetroot, peeled and grated (approx. 1 beetroot)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 stick celery, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
175 g risotto rice (Arborio)
100 ml dry white wine
125 g mild, soft rindless goat's cheese
optional: chopped chives
1. Put stock in a pot and throw in beetroot.
2. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to keep stock warm (should be just below simmering point).
3. Heat oil in a pan, sweat onion, garlic and celery until soft but not coloured.
4. Add rice, turn up heat a little and stir until well coated in oil.
5. Add wine and stir until liquid is absorbed.
6. Add 2 ladles of hot stock incl. beetroot bits and cook over medium heat, stirring often until liquid is absorbed.
7. Then add another ladle of stock and stir again until absorbed. Season with salt and pepper and keep adding stock one ladle at a time until stock is gone. Do this until either stock runs out or the rice is al dente. Add water if stock runs out.
8. Cover pan and let stand for 3 min. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
9. Add goat's cheese and sprinkle with chives (optional) and serve.
10. Goat's feta works well in this recipe too.
Author Lucas Hollweg
No one has liked this recipe.