frozen pie crust
2 cups of fresh blueberries
1/4 cup of sugar
a light dusting of corn starch (about 2 tsp)
a pinch of cinnamon
the juice of half a lemon
a beaten egg
1. It's been a long week so far, let's keep this one basic. Run to Trader Joe's and pick up their frozen pie crust. Allow it to thaw on a cookie sheet for an hour.
2. In a mixing bowl gently toss about 2 cups of fresh blueberries with 1/4 cup of sugar, a light dusting of corn starch (about 2 tsp), a pinch of cinnamon, and the juice of half a lemon.
3. Scoop the blueberry mixture into the center of your dough, leaving a 1 inch border. Working in a circle, fold the crust in overlapping pieces over the berries, as pictured. Don't worry if it's not perfect, it will taste better that way!
4. Using a pastry brush, brush the crust with a beaten egg. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes at 425 degrees until the crust is golden and the blueberries are bubbling. If the crust looks too brown before the blueberries are bubbling, cover the galette with foil and continue baking.
5. Serve with warm vanilla ice cream. Yummm.
desserts, pie February 24, 2016 21:47
No one has liked this recipe.
No comments yet.