Bobby's chicken and salad
For the salad
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Grapes cut into bite sized pieces
mandarin orange segments
- Radishes sliced thin
- Old White Cheddar cut into small cubes
- Blanched Slivered Almonds
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1-2 tsp Paprika
(All seasoning is to taste, this is just the amount I like to use)
For the orange white balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 Cup pulp free orange juice
- 2 TBSP white balsamic
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1. Prepare the chicken:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
1. Cut the chicken into pieces approx 6"x2" (or however big you want for cooking, you will be slicing it once It's cooked).
2. Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat and put the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika in a dish for coating.
3. While oil is heating, dip each piece of chicken into the seasoning mixture. Once oil is hot, pan fry the chicken for a few min on each side to get a nice sear on the outside. Do not overcook.
4. Place chicken into an oven safe casserole dish and bake for approx 20 min until chicken is at 165 degrees.
While the chicken is cooking, make the vinaigrette:
1. Combine all of the ingredients, except for the olive oil, in a bowl or a "2 cup" glass measuring cup.
2. Whisk all of the ingredients together and then slowly pour the olive oil into the mixture, whisking the entire time.
3. Once vinaigrette is combined leave aside and store any remaining dressing in the fridge.
Once the chicken is cooked, let it rest for a few minutes then slice it into the size you'd like.
Build your salad & enjoy!
* You can substitute the cheese for feta
* You can sauté the blanched slivered almonds
* You can add canned sliced mandarin oranges segments
main courses October 02, 2023 18:10
No one has liked this recipe.