Breakfast pancakes (jamie oliver style)
• 1 cup of self-raising flour
• 1 cup of milk
• 1 egg, preferably free-range or organic
• a pinch of sea salt
• 1 pear
• a few knobs of butter
• natural yoghurt, to serve
• runny honey, to serve
Prep. Time → 2 min
Cook Time → 6 min
1. Put the flour, milk, egg and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Once combined, grate in the pear, core and all then stir it through with a spoon.
2. Put a large pan on a medium heat and add a knob of butter. Once that melts, add the batter, a spoonful at a time to the hot pan. You’ll need to cook them in batches, cooking them for a few minutes until golden on the bottom, then flipping over and cooking for a few minutes more until they’re done.
3. When they are golden and fluffy, serve them right away with a dollop of natural yoghurt and some runny honey drizzled all over the top.