Caramel apple cupcakes with cinnamon frosting
For the Cupcakes
8 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
4 individual cups of No Sugar Added applesauce
2 cups finely diced apples
24 Brach's Caramel Cubes
1 8 oz package of cream cheese; Room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbs cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2-3 cups of powdered sugar
2 tbs heavy cream
For Caramel Drizzle
6-8 Brach's Caramel Cubes
1 tbs heavy cream
Prep. Time → 60 min
Cook Time → 20 min
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cupcake tins with your choice of liners.
In the bowl of your standing mixer, beat butter on medium high for 2 minutes or so.
2. Add sugar 1 cup at a time and beat until pale and fluffy.
3. Add eggs to the mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk until well incorporated.
5. Add a third of the dry mixture alternating with half of the applesauce to the standing mixer bowl until all ingredients have been combined. Scrape down sides of the bowl after each addition.
6. Reduce speed of your mixer to 'stir' and add in apples until just combined.
7. Using your 1/4 cup mixing cup, fill each liner 3/4 of the way full.
8. Gently press one caramel cube into each cupcake. Just until it is flush with the top of the batter.
9. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
10. Let cool for a few minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
11. While cooking, prepare the icing!
12. In an electric mixer, blend cream cheese with vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon and 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, to taste.
13. If the batter is too thick, add the heavy creme to lighten it up.
14. Whip until smooth.
15. For the caramel drizzle, in a small sauce pan, add caramel candies and cream.
16. Mix continuously until melted and smooth.
17. Allow to cool slightly.
18. Frost the cooled cupcakes.
19. Drizzle caramel on top.
No one has liked this recipe.