Caramel sauce - or toffee sauce
200g unsalted butter
250g light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Prep. Time → 5 min
Cook Time → 10 min
1. In a saucepan melt the butter over medium heat and add the sugar.
2. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in the cream and vanilla and reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly (approx 5 mins) and stir occasionally.
5. Cool the sauce slightly.
6. Serve warm over your favourite pudding or dessert.
Author Catering staff at Ag College, Dalby