Cheddar turkey burgers with mashed avocado
1 avocado, chopped
1 teaspoon lime juice
Salt and black pepper
1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (about a cup)
1/2 small red onion, half grated and half thinly sliced
4 burger buns
1. Heat grill to medium high heat.
2. Mix together the avocado, lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper in a small bowl until combined.
3. Gently mix together the turkey, cheddar, grated onion, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper with your hands in a medium bowl until just combined.
4. Form the mixture into four, 3/4 inch patties (it will be loose and tougher to stick together than a usual burger). Make a shallow dent in the top of each patty.
5. Grill the burgers until cooked through and put the buns on for about 10 seconds or so.
6. Stack the burgers with the sliced onion and mashed avocado mixture.
No one has liked this recipe.