Cheesy bacon twists
1 package refrigerated puff pastry
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
12-14 slices thickly cut bacon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, garnish
kosher salt and pepper, to taste
maple syrup, garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375º F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray a wire rack with non-stick spray.
2. Unfold puff pastry and evenly sprinkle cayenne over the dough. Top with cheddar cheese, then lightly go over with a rolling pin to press cheese into the pastry.
3. Cut puff pastry into 12-14 thin strips (about 1/2-inch each) and fold each strip in half. Pinch edges together to seal.
4. Taking one end in each hand, twist each strip several times, then take a slice of bacon and wrap it around each twist.
5. Combine brown sugar, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix together.
6. Carefully take each twist and press it into the sugar mixture until coated on all sides, then place twists on wire rack.
7. Place wire rack on lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and puff pastry is cooked through.
8. Remove from oven and garnish with oregano, if using.
9. Serve immediately with maple syrup.
No one has liked this recipe.