Chicken enchiladea with red sauce
1 lb shredded cooked chicken
1 small onion, diced
14 flour tortillas
1 4oz can mild green chilies, chopped
2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 can of Red Enchiladea sauce, store made
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp dried oregano
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp corn starch
1 tsp water
Prep. Time → 20 min
Cook Time → 40 min
1. 1. In a skillet, add vegetable oil, and get it nice and hot. When hot, add onions, and cook till color.
2. 2. Add chicken, and spices, and give everything a nice sir. Spices are coated with chicken. Add green chilies, and cook till chicken and chilies are warmed through.
3. 3.When warm, put back in bowl, and let it cool completely.
4. 4. In a skillet again, add enchilada sauce. Let it come to a boil, and in a small cup, add the corn starch and water, and mix together. When sauce comes to a boil, add the corn starch and water. Let it cook for a few mins, till it thickens.
5. 5. Preheat oven to 350* take baking dish, and spray with non stick spray.
6. 6. Take some sauce, and layer the bottom baking dish with it.
7. 7. Take a tortilla, and take a little of sauce, with a spoon, and spread around on tortilla. Take chicken filling on it, and add cheese on top of chicken.
8. 8. Roll it up, and put in dish. Cover tortillas with red sauce. Add some cheese on top all over.
9. 9. Put in oven 350* for 35 minutes till nice and brown. Let cool for 15 mins. :)
10. 10. Cut enchiladas, and put on plate and top with some sour cream and spring green onions.
No one has liked this recipe.