1 ½ lb extra lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
1 small onion or ½ large onion, minced
2 14oz cans diced tomatoes
1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 15oz can mild chili beans
1 16oz can refried beans
4-6 T Pensey's Chili 9000 Seasoning (to taste; see label)
1. In a skillet, cook meat until no longer pink. Drain fat thoroughly.
2. In a crock pot or stock pot combine the meat and all remaining ingredients together.
3. If using a crock pot, cook on low for 6-8 hours or, if your crock pot has a lower simmer setting, simmer for 8-10 hours.
4. If using a stock pot, heat the chili on high until it starts to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve with optional garnishments including shredded sharp cheddar cheese, chopped green onions and sour cream.
No one has liked this recipe.