Chocolate banana cake
2/3 cup (160ml) milk
2 teaspoons lemon juice
150g butter, softened
1 cup (220g) caster sugar
2 cups (300g) SR flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 cup mashed banana
100g dark eating chocolate, grated finely
CREAMY CHOC FROSTING
200g dark eating chocolate
1 cup (160g) icing sugar
1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
Prep. Time → 25 min
Cook Time → 75 min
1. Preheat oven to moderately slow (150oC fan forced). Grease deep 22cm round cake tin, line base with paper.
2. Combine milk and juice in small jug, stand 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, beat butter and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until just combined; transfer mixture to large bowl. Stir in sifted flour and soda, banana, milk mixture and chocolate.
4. Spread mixture into pan; bake about 1 hour 10 minutes. Stand cake 5 minutes; turn top-side up onto wire rack to cool.
5. Meanwhile make creamy choc frosting; spread cold cake with frosting.
6. CREAMY CHOC FROSTING
Melt chocolate in medium heatproof bowl over medium saucepan of simmering water; gradually stir in icing sugar and sour cream.
Author Womens Weekly Family Cookbook