Chunky sun milk marinade
1 gallon of whole milk
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
salt and pepper to taste
1. Be sure to cook this recipe in the summer when there's lots of sun. I made this for when I was meeting my boyfriend's parents for the first time and believe me, I made a great impression! Everyone always asks for the recipe so I thought I'd share it here to reach a larger community.
2. Mix milk, garlic, and yogurt in a bowl.
3. Heat in large saucepan until edges start to bubble.
4. Get a large freezer bag and add all above ingredients plus the steak.
5. Place the bag in a warm sunny area for at least 2 days. The cultures in the yogurt and the casein protein in the milk will tenderize the steak slowly all the way to the center. If it becomes chunky, then you're on the right track. The more chunks, the better! The sauce may start to develop a yellow/green tinge but that's ok. Turn the bag several times and squish the ingredients around. After 2 days empty the bag into a casserole dish and bake at 350C until you get the desired 'doneness'. I had it in for about 20 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy with your favorite side dishes!