Coconut cream pie recipe
1 9" homemade or store brought pie crust
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 1/4 cups whole milk
3 egg yolk
2 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups heavy (whipping) cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 15 min
1. 1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. 2. In a 10" pie plate, add the pie crust. And spray with nonstick spray.
3. 3.Take a fork, and prick all over. Take foil, and put on top of pie crust and inside foil is dry beans. Put in oven for 10 mins.
4. 4. In a large saucepan, medium heat, add milk, sugar, flour, stir. Whisk together and salt. Let come to a simmer. Don't stop stirring the milk.
5. 5.Take egg yolks and put in bowl. Whisk till light in color.
6. 6.When milk comes to a simmer, take some of the milk, and put in egg yolk bowl: mix.
7. 7.Put egg yolk mixture in sauce pan. Let cook medium low heat, constailly stirring till it thickens.
8. 8.Add butter, while stirring and add salt & vanilla extract. Turn off and keep stirring till butter is melted.
9. 9.Pour custard in bowl. Add shredded coconut, and mix together. Cover with plastic wrap: make sure it's touching the skin.
10. 10.Let it cool for a half hour: or room temp.
11. 11. When pie crust is done, remove foil and beans, and put back in oven for 15 mins, or lightly golden brown color. Let cool.
12. 12.when pie crust and custard is cooled down, pour custard into pie crust. Put in fridge and let set for a couple of hours.
13. (for the topping:)
14. 13. Whip the heavy cream, and powdered sugar together until the heavy cream develops stiff peaks: set aside.
15. 14.slice pie, put on plate, and add a Dallop of heavy cream. And sprinkle over toasted cocount.
No one has liked this recipe.