Creamed chicken & biscuits
1/2 large onion
1-1/2 tsp butter
4 C chopped cooked chicken
1 (10-3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 C sour cream
1/2 C milk
1/2 C chopped pimiento
1 C shredded mild Cheddar cheese, divided
6 frozen biscuits, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease the sides of an 11x7-inch baking dish.
2. Chop the onion. Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet over meium-high heat until melted. Stir in onion. Saute until tender.
3. Combine onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk and pimiento in a medium bowl and mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
4. Sprinkle baked layer with 3/4 C of the Cheddar. Arrange biscuits in single layer over top. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar.
5. Bake until biscuits are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes longer.