Curried quinoa with pineapple and tofu
14 oz can diced pineapple, separated from juice
1 package firm tofu cut into ¼ inch cubes
2 tablespoons curry powder
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons garam masala
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon crushed chili flakes
1 teaspoon tamari
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup oil
1 diced onion
1 pressed clove of garlic
3 cups vegetable stock
1½ cups quinoa
Prep. Time → 30 min
Cook Time → 30 min
1. Combine pineapple juice, half the curry powder, cumin, garam masala, ginger, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add dried tofu cubes and stir gently to coat evenly. Let marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
2. Coat the marinated tofu pieces in cornstarch and fry tofu in a skillet with hot oil until browned.
3. Remove tofu and place skillet back on the stove. Add the pineapple juice marinade mixture to the skillet and pineapple chunks. Simmer in sauce until thickened and pineapple is heated through.
4. In a saucepan, combine diced onion, garlic, and half the curry powder, cumin, garam masala, turmeric, coriander and chili flakes with tamari and vegetable stock.
5. Bring to a simmer and add quinoa, reduce heat and cover. Cook for 15 to 18 minutes.
6. Add in fried tofu and sautéed pineapple and serve.
No one has liked this recipe.