Easy peasy coconut oil waffles
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons Coco Treasure Organics Coconut Sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 large egg beaten
1 ½ cups milk
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup Coco Treasure Organics Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 5 min
1. Preheat the waffle iron according to the product instruction.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, baking powder, coconut powder, and salt. Make sure to mix the ingredients evenly. Set aside.
3. In a smaller bowl, beat egg, milk, extra virgin coconut oil, and vanilla extract together. Whisk until the mixture becomes smooth.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Whisk together until ingredients combine evenly with each other.
5. Ladle coconut oil into the preheated waffle iron. Pour waffle mixture into the pan. Cook a side of the waffle for 3 to 5 minutes or until it becomes golden and crisp.
6. Recipe Notes: Make this coconut oil waffles recipe even healthier by adding fruits such as strawberries, blackberries, and kiwis as a topping. Of course, these are not your only choices. The sky is the limit! If you want, you can jazz it up with zucchini and pumpkin spice.
7. Master this easy peasy coconut oil waffles and make every morning special for your family and friends. It is time to for a hearty meal to replace a bowl of cereal and a bar of granola bar on the table. Start the day right with this coconut oil waffles recipe.
8. Using Coconut Oil
9. Did you know that extra virgin coconut oil is one of the most important ingredients in the recipe? It helps make the texture of the waffles lighter and firmer giving us a chewy and crispy waffle. Moreover, coconut oil helps make it look more golden too, thereby creating a more tempting appearance. Presentation, after all, is as important as how a food will taste.
10. Here is another waffle recipe you should try: Coconut Flour Waffles.
No one has liked this recipe.