400g can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
1 garlic clove , chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1 small bunch of parsley or coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tbsp plain flour
olive oil, for frying
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 6 min
1. Open the chickpeas and tip them into a sieve to drain the liquid
2. Tip all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until well chopped up (or longer if you want a smoother texture)
3. Tip the mixture into a bowl and give it a mix with a spoon; add a little water if it seems crumbly, a little flour if it the mix is too wet to pick up with your hands
4. Shape the mixture into burgers, and pat a little flour onto them if they're very sticky.
5. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the burgers on a medium/high heat for ~3mins each side (until lightly golden)
6. Serve with toasted pittas, salad and sauce. Nom :-)
7. (I'll try to remember to take a photo next time!)
main courses, vegan, burger, falafel October 16, 2011 13:56
Author - BBC GoodFood bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/56...
No comments yet.