2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
3 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening
2/3 cup milk
Prep. Time → 20 min
Cook Time → 10 min
1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Beat egg with milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Turn onto a well-floured surface; knead 20 times.
5. Roll to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
6. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
7. Bake at 450 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve warm.
No one has liked this recipe.