Freakin ridiculous nutella french toast
1/2 loaf Challah or Brioche bread, cut into half inch slices
5-6 strawberries, sliced
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, plus more for frying
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup milk
Powdered sugar and/or whipped cream for garnish
Prep. Time → 20 min
Cook Time → 8-10 min
1. Spread one side of each slice of bread with a thin layer of Nutella.
2. Add a layer of strawberry slices to half of the bread, placing the other half of the bread on top to form "sandwiches"
3. Whisk the flour, sugar, salt, vanilla, almond extract, egg, cinnamon, milk, and melted butter together to form a thin batter.
4. Melt a tablespoon of butter in a large nonstick skillet.
5. Pour the batter into a flat bottomed dish and soak each side of the sandwiches in the batter, being careful not to oversoak them.
6. Fry the sandwiches 1-2 at a time. Cook the first side 1 1/2-2 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, then turn and cook the remaining side another minute until also browned.
7. Serve topped with powdered sugar or whipped cream and extra strawberries