Get out of trouble chocolate cake ( fabulous baker brothers )
21 cm tin
6 Eggs - separated
300 gm Chocolate
150 gm Butter
150 gm Sugar
Prep. Time → 30 min
Cook Time → 30 min
1. Over a gentle flame, heat a pan of water. Place the butter and
chocolate in a metal bowl and cover with clingfilm, put on top of
the pan and let the steam melt the chocolate. It's important not
to stir the mixture or let any moisture get into the chocolate or it
may 'seize' and go grainy. Take off the heat when done and pull
off the clingfilm.
2. In an electric mixer, beat the sugar and yolks till they are pale
and fluffy (about 10 minutes). On a slow speed, pour the melted
chocolate and butter, and beat until smooth and glossy.
3. Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks; it's easier done in a mixer.
Using a metal spoon, gently fold the egg whites into the cake
mixture. Add the whites in two stages: this keeps the mixture
light and fluffy. Don't overmix or the air will be lost.
4. Heat the oven to 180·c/gas 4 and grease a 21cm tin. Spoon
the mixture into the tin and bake for 30-40 minutes, depending
on how well cooked you want it. It's good with a slightly gooey
centre. Leave to rest, then serve while still warm.
5. Sign-up now for your free Cake Break fundraising pack! www.cakebreak.org.uk
Author Used for the MS Society Cake Bake - cakebreak.org.uk/
No one has liked this recipe.