Green bean casserole
¼ cup nutritional yeast
½ tsp. red pepper crushed
1 pc. red onion sliced
1 tbsp. Coco Treasure Organics Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1 ½ tsps. salt
1 ½ cups water
1 ½ cups mushroom chopped
1 ½ lbs. green beans
2 cups parsnips chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
Pepper to taste
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 75 min
1. In a wide-bottomed saucepan, put ½ tablespoon Coco Treasure Organics Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and set to low heat. Put the onions and cook for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally to caramelize. If the onions look dry, splash a bit of water into the pan.
2. While waiting for the onions to cook, puree the parsnip. Put them in a steamer for about 10 minutes. Set aside and let them cool.
3. After that, prepare the green beans. Remove the ends of the beans and cut them by 2 inches. Steam them for 8 minutes. Set them aside in an 8”x8” baking dish.
4. Once the onions have caramelized, set them aside. Cook the mushrooms in the same pan and sauté for one minute. And then, add garlic. Stir for 5 minutes.
5. Add half of the garlic and mushroom mixture to the green beans.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Put the other half of the garlic and mushroom mixture, as well as the steamed parsnips in a blender. Add the nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and red pepper.
8. Pour the blended mixture over the mushrooms and green beans. Stir to coat. Use the caramelized onions as toppings.
9. Bake for another 30 minutes.
No one has liked this recipe.