homemade vanilla ice cream recipe
7 egg yolks, at room temp
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 ice cream machine
1. 1. In a bowl, add egg yolks and sugar: using a hand mixer, cream together about 2 mins: set aside.
2. 2.In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add milk & heavy cream. Let heat up just until boiling point: till you see tiny bubles around the edges.
3. 3.Take a ladle spoon, and spoon some of the mixture in the egg yolks bowl: mix.
4. 4.Add egg yolk bowl in sauce pan: heat on low, stir. (8 mins) till thicken.
5. 5.Take off heat; add salt, and vanilla extract; stir to combine.
6. 6.Pour in bowl: take plastic wrap, and cover the custard over. Put in fridge overnight.. (also put in freezer for 10 mins the next day before use)
7. 7.Also put the 2 Ice cream machine pieces in freezer overnight as well:
8. 8.Pour the ice cream mixture to the Ice cream machine.
9. 9.Turn on, and let set: (should be 25 to 30 mins)
10. 10.Pour Ice cream in plastic container, and put in freezer.
No one has liked this recipe.