Hyper cake (victoria sponge)
225g butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
225g caster sugar
4 medium eggs
2tsp vanilla extract or 4 level tbsp cocoa powder
225g self raising flour
milk, to loosen
For Buttercream Icing
140g butter, softened at room temperature
280g icing sugar
1-2 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
Prep. Time → 40 or less min
Cook Time → 1 hr - 1 & half hr min
1. 1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
2. 2. Grease and line 2 X 18cm/7in cake tins with baking paper or baking parchment
3. 3. Cream the butter and the sugar together in a bowl till pale and fluffy
4. 4. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time, and then add in the extract or powder
5. 5. Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding extra milk if necessary, to create a batter with a soft dropping consistency
6. 6. Divide the mixture between the tins, smoothing out with a spatula
7. 7. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour & a half
8. 8. Remove from oven and let 1 hour to cool. Remove tin, peel of paper and slice it in half. Place on wire rack.
9. 9. Place buttercream in the middle and then sandwich together.
10. 10. Dust off with icing sugar.
11. FOR BUTTERCREAM
12. 1. beat butter in large bowl. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
13. 2. add remaining icing sugar with 1tbsp milk. Add more until smooth & creamy.
No one has liked this recipe.