Instant pot carnitas
Pork shoulder. Boston Butt also works. Buy what's on sale.
Peppers (small sweet, bell, whatever you want, opt)
Oil (of choice, it's going to be mostly fat)
An orange or orange juice
Garlic Salt or truffle salt
Sweet Hungarian Paprika
Bay leaf (opt)
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 25 min
1. Chop the pork up a bit.
2. Coat the Instant Pot's bowl with oil.
3. Optionally, brown things a bit on Saute.
4. Hit the pork with chili powder and salt. You know how much, young jedi.
5. Over the pork toss sliced onion, peppers & whatever else.
6. Add the garlic. I press mine.
7. Generously coat with chili powder
add a touch of oil perhaps.
8. Salt the hell out of it. I use Aldi's garlic salt, but be warned: it's addictive.
9. Splash it with a swig of orange juice.
10. Hit it with the juice of a lime. You can leave half a lime in there if you like the essential oils.
11. Stir it up, little darling, stir it up!
12. Pressure cook it. Your pressure cooker might be different from mine. Read the manual. It's just pork. If in doubt, slightly overcook it. In an Instant Pot Duo 15 minutes of high pressure does the trick. Let the pressure drop naturally.
13. You can make all sorts of tex-mex with it: sammys, tacos, burritos, whatever.
No one has liked this recipe.