Italian zucchini crescent pie
4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
1 cup chopped onions
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
2 eggs well beaten
8 oz (2 cups) shredded swiss cheese
8 oz refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
Cook Time → 20-40 min
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In large skillet, cook zucchini and onions in butter until tender, about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano.
4. In large bowl, combine eggs and cheese; mix well.
5. Stir in cooked vegetable mixture.
6. Press crescent rolls into 12 x 8 inch (2 qt) baking dish (or quiche pan) and make a 1 inch crust up sides of pan. Seal perforations.
7. Spread crust with mustard.
8. Pour egg-vegetable mix mixture evenly into prepared crust.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. (Cover edge of crust with foil during last 10 minutes of baking if necessary to prevent excessive browning).
10. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
11. Nutritional Info per serving: 360 cal., 15g pro., 20g carb., 25g fat, 130mg chol., 820mg sod., 2g fiber.
No one has liked this recipe.