Knock you naked brownies
1 18.5 box german chocolate cake mix
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup evaporated milk (additional)
1 stick of butter, melted
60 whole caramels
1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees and grease a 9X9 pan.
2. In a larger bowl mix together cake mix, chopped pecans, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, and butter. Half the amount of dough. Take the first half and press into your greased pan. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, just until the dough has set.
3. Meanwhile, melt the caramels and additional 1/2 cup evaporated milk on the stove until smooth using a double boiler or a glass bowl over simmering water.
4. Pour the caramel over the set dough. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Oh my.
5. Take the remaining dough and dump it onto a cool working surface and form roughly a 8X8 square. Use a spatula to help get it off the counter and on top of the caramel/chocolate chips.
6. Bake for an additional 20 - 25 minutes. Bring to room temperature.
7. Now, the difficult part. Refrigerate for a few hours. I know, I know...NOT FAIR! I promise you though, don't attempt to cut these bad boys until you have let them set in the fridge. They won't be pretty.
8. Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar and serve away!
No one has liked this recipe.