Lemon-garlic shrimp skewers
3/4 pound jumbo shrimp, deveined, shells and tails removed
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 cup olive oil
1/8 cup chopped parsley
1/2 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1. Combine shrimp with salt and sugar in a bowl.
2. Cover and refrigerate for up to an hour (we let it hang out for about 20 or so minutes).
3. Remove shrimp and rinse/drain. Preheat your grill.
4. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, parsley, lemon peel, garlic, and black pepper.
5. Add shrimp, turning to coat.
6. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Place skewers on grill and close the lid.
7. Grill for about 5-6 minutes or until shrimp are no-longer opaque, turning once during cooking.
8. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over shrimp.
No one has liked this recipe.