Make ahead coconut flour pound cake
2 cups Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Flour, sift before measuring
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Oil
4 ounces cream cheese
2 cups vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt
10 large eggs
¼ cup Coco Treasure Coconut Nectar or honey
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Zest of one lemon
¾ cup water (reserved)
1. Grease 9-inch loaf pan, and line the bottom with parchment paper. Also grease the parchment paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Whisk coconut flour, salt and baking powder together in a large bowl.
4. In a separate large bowl, mix coconut oil, cream cheese and coconut nectar with an electric mixer on high speed until the mixture become smooth and fluffy. Mix in yogurt.
5. Add eggs two at a time, alternating with a portion of the flour mixture until the wet and dry ingredients are well incorporated. If the batter appears too stiff, add the reserved water, ¼-cup at a time.
6. Stir in lemon zest.
7. Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 90 minutes or until a pick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Check after 30 minutes. If the top of the loaf is already golden brown, cover with aluminum foil for the rest of the baking time.
8. Remove from oven when done. Allow to cool for at least 2 hours before removing from pan. Invert the pound cake onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Serve when completely cooled. This coconut-flour pound cake tastes best when allowed to cool for 24 hours.
No one has liked this recipe.