Mango – almond cake
4 eggs /room temperature/;
1 1/2 cup brown sugar;
2 tsp vanilla;
1 cup fresh orange juice;
1 cup olive oil /or melted butter/;
2 1/2 cups flour;
2 cups ground almonds;
2 big mangoes;
1 cup sliced almonds;
1 cup chocolate chips;
Prep. Time → 30 min
Cook Time → 60 min
2. Heat the oven to 356F/180C and prepare a cake pan.
Beat the eggs, add the sugar and beat 3 more minutes.
Trickle add the orange juice and the olive oil.
3. Carefully add the four to the egg mixture and stirr with a spatula. Add the vanilla and the ground almonds.
4. Peel the mango and cut into pieces and add it to other products as gently stirring.
5. If you do not want, you can skip the chocolate chips. If you decide to add it, just add it at the end to the mixture and mix it with the other ingredients.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes until it has golden color. When it’s done, leave it to cool for about 10 minutes into the pan and then you can cut into pieces.
7. It can be served with scoop of ice cream.