Meatballs (for bolgenese)
Ground high quality beef, Thyme, Onion, Breadcrumbs, Olive Oil, Garlic, Salt & Pepper, plain guage flour,
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 15 min
1. This one is easy fatties, and you can use these meatballs for any recipe really, but I have these with Spaghetti Bolegnese, they also freeze really well!
2. Get yourself a huge (preferably metal) mixing bowl, try & not use plastic, which tends to be pourous, imparts previously mixed contents flavours etc. Add a splash of Olive oil to the bottom of the bowl, some finely chopped garlic, and some finely chopped onion.
3. Break up the minced meat in your hands, and add to the bowl, with this, add a splash more olive oil and using room tempreture hands, mix up the meat, with the onion and garlic.
4. At this stage, you need to help these little bad boys bind, so add some breadcrumbs, and some coarsley chopped Thyme too, mix really well and leave in the fridge to get a bit firmed up ready for moulding.
5. After about fifteen minutes in the fridge, they will be ready to mould. You can choose whatever size you want, and it depends on the quality of ingredients you've used, but I like my balls in 1cm rounds, (I mean, c'mon, who doesnt) and roll these out with your hands, until you've got perfect balls.
6. Put them all on a plate until your ready to use, sprinkle with flour just before cooking as that will help them go crispy on the outside, you want to cook them on medium heat, and depending on size, for about nine minutes. Just brown them off and add them to a pasta sauce for a mean like momma used to make back home spaghetti bolognese recipe,
7. this really is kids stuff.
meatballs March 21, 2012 10:15
Author Mario De'Cristofano
No one has liked this recipe.