nutella semifreddo recipe
7 egg yolks
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups heavy (whipping) cream
1 cup nutella
1 pinch of salt
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 10 min
1. * Keep heavy cream in fridge before use*
2. 1. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with a couple of plastic wrap, making sure the pieces are large enough to over hang the sides of the pan: set aside.
3. 2.In a sauce pan with water, on medium low heat, let it simmer.
4. 3.In egg yolk bowl, add sugar. also vanilla extract; take whisk, and whisk till pale color.
5. 4.Put egg yolk bowl on top of sauce pan: make sure water is NOT touching the bowl: stir, and let cook for 10 mins exact. Stirring the whole time:
6. 5.When done, take off heat and add a pinch of salt; mix. put aside to cool.
7. 6. In a bowl with the heavy whipping cream, use hand mixer and mix to stiff peaks.
8. 7.Take most of the cool down custard, and pour in heavy cream; mix.
9. 8.For the remaining custard, add the nutella; whisk together.
10. 9.Take loaf pan, and pour custard in it; smooth out.
11. 10. Take nutella in dallops on top of loaf pan. Take a knife, and do swirl; everything together.
12. 11.Cover the plastic wrap flaps inside, and put in freezer 7 to 8 hours, or overnight:
13. 12.Next day: Take out of freezer and let sit for 10 mins. take a platter, and take cake out of loaf pan, flip and
put on platter. serve.
No one has liked this recipe.