1 lb Pasta, penne, rotini or shells 1 tbsp Oil, vegetable 1 Onion, chopped 1 can Tomatoes, 28 oz, crushed 1 tsp Oregano, dried Salt & Pepper to taste
2 cup Cheese, grated, any type
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 30 min
1. Now, there's a hundred and one ways to make a Pasta bake, but none of them are as good as mine, capiche!? Now listen up, lock in, get your pans ready, and prepare your stomach, because this is going to be off the chain!
2. 1. Preheat oven to 325°f. You want the insides of the oven to be sweating!
3. 2. Cook pasta on stove and drain. This is a sensitive point, with some in-a-jar sauces, there's no need to cook the pasta, but I prefer to, it decreases the oven time, and I think that's a good thing, to stop your bake from going dry.
4. 3. Meanwhile, heat oil in saucepan. Add onion and garlic, sauté till soft (about 5 minutes). Feel free to flick and flip the contents chef-style, whilst onlookers gasp in amazement
5. 4. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper, cook till heated through, about 5 minutes. More flipping where needed.
6. 5. Combine cooked pasta, sauce and 1/2 cups grated cheese in ovenproof dish.
7. 6. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
8. Bake 15-20 minutes at 350°f.
Author Mario De'Cristofano