Philly cheesesteak pasta
8 ounces penne pasta
1 1/4 lbs ground beef
2 tablespoon butter
8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
1 medium onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 (10.5 ounce) can french onion soup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/3 lb coarsely chopped provolone cheese (or cheese of choice)
Salt & pepper to taste
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 30 min
1. Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile in large skillet over medium heat brown ground beef. Remove to plate leaving any fat in the pan. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat. Swirl the butter several times to keep from burning. Add mushrooms and cook until almost golden brown: approximately 5 minutes. Add onions and peppers and cook additional 2-3 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low. Stir in french onion soup and Worcestershire sauce. In small bowl whisk together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water. Whisk mixture into skillet and cook for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
4. Add browned beef and cooked pasta to skillet with vegetables.
5. Add chopped provolone, cover and melt cheese. Salt & pepper to taste.
No one has liked this recipe.